Friday 8 October 2010

Post Office Tower destroyed by aliens!

Well, not actually destroyed as such, or even remotely damaged – but I just had to share these pictures with you.

click picture to enlarge

I was working in the West End today and was walking towards where the Post Office Tower (known these days as the BT Tower, but I prefer the original name) is. It was shrouded in mist and the upper half was totally obscured.
I had to take a quick picture.

As it happened, at lunchtime I passed the exact same spot, and had to take another AFTER pic.
Don’t know how I managed it, but there’s a taxi on the same spot in the road in both pics!
For those who don’t rememeber,
the (at the time recently finished) Post Office Tower appeared in the 1966 William Hartnell story The War Machines.

When Bob Mitsch was in London we took it in as part of our tour, though I didn’t post a picture in the write-up,
Remembrance Of The Locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment